West Ukrainian EBA Branch together with Lviv Consulting Group continued to monitor the labour market of Western Ukraine in September 2013. The 5th Labour Market Index emphases spring changes and tendencies in selection, maintenance and retention of employees, as well as in managing of HR processes in different areas of business compared to the previous Labor Market Index survey.
- 19% respondents planned head count reduction.
- demand for qualified production workers, like mechanics and machine set up men, went down by 40%
- 91% of respondents are ready to employ university graduates
- 13,6% of respondents plan to review pay within the next three months to cover the inflation rate.
- pay levels decreased by 7% for specialists providing services and increased by 8% to 12% for qualified workers and specialists in manufacturing
In September 2013 the Labor Market Index decreased by 0, 01 points compared to March 2013 and was at the level of 3, 03. This is the evidence that the labor market continues to be unstable.
You are welcome to review key findings of the Labor Market Index.