EBA Western Ukrainian Branch together with Lviv Consulting Group have conducted the Sixth Wave of Western Ukraine Labor Index. In view of the economic situation in the country, our goal was to identify main trends and dynamics of the labor market and compare them with the previous wave indices:
- Demand for top managers and line managers keeps increasing
- No mass layoffs, 52% of respondents will increase head count, among them ІТ, retail, assembly operations and agribusiness
- Pay levels have not changed during the last 7 months
- 52% of respondents are prepared to increase pay just to cover the inflation rate ( up to 10%-14% per year)
- 78% respondents are eager to improve employee performance without additional employee related costs
Compared to September 2013, Labor market Index in April 2014 grew only by 0.05 and is at the level of 3.07. Thus, the labor market is still unstable, with a little positive tendency.
You are welcome to review key findings of the Labor Market Index.