EBA Western Ukrainian Branch together with Lviv Consulting Group keep monitoring the labor market of Western Ukraine and are happy to share with you results of the 10th Wave, Western Ukraine Labour Index, conducted in February 2016. The survey’s objective was to identify major trends and dynamics of the labour market and to compare them with the previous wave indices.
- Above 55% respondents will hire new employees or/and expand business
- There is a continuous demand for qualified specialists, like engineers, agronomists, financiers in Production; providers of services are looking for specialists in traditional marketing and e-commerce marketing, sales and logistics “stars”, and, of course, IT specialists.
- In comparison with the 9th wave pay levels of non-skilled and skilled labor increased by 17%-30%; administrative clerks and middle level managers in production companies now enjoy a higher pay (by 15-20%).
- In total 44% participants plan to increase pay during the next three months
- All companies provide additional benefits to employees.
Compared to July 2015, Labour market Index in February 2016 went up by 0,09 and is at the level of 2,87.
Thus, the labour market is still unstable for employers. Though the survey participants believe market salaries and employee related costs became more attractive for businesses due to hryvna devaluation and decrease of the single social tax rate.
You are welcome to review key findings of the Labor Market Index.